Assistant Vice President/Vice President - Structured Finance
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017
Location: New York
Department: Structured Finance
Reports to: MD, Structured Finance
Direct report(s): No
General purpose of position
~~The Structured Finance Team provides credit enhancement for a wide variety of capital driven structured products for financial institutions, corporate securitizations, and financings of financial assets. Areas of significant activity include insurance securitization, whole business securitization and other esoteric asset monetizations and securitizations. These transactions may contain elements of corporate or financial institution credit risk, collateral value risk, interest rate risk or insurance-related risks.
The position will require the individual to independently manage the sourcing and underwriting of transactions. Critical skills involve the application of critical and creative thinking to the structuring review of submissions, formulation of underwriting issues, completion of due diligence agendas, analysis of credit default risk, development of financial models and preparation of detailed underwriting recommendations for transactions. Additionally, the position will require strong origination skills, working with investment banks, other intermediaries and advisors, as well as direct origination with transaction sponsors.
Direct experience with esoteric structured finance transactions (e.g., bank regulatory capital relief, insurance company capital relief, future royalty stream securitizations, whole business securitization, commercial asset backed securitization, and/or insurance securitization) in combination with significant exposure to the broader securitization market, is desired.
• Business origination from multiple sources (intermediated and direct to customer).
• Transaction development and triage.
• Deal structuring and negotiation.
• Creation of spread sheet based financial models.
• Preparation and presentation of underwriting recommendations.
• Knowledge and understanding of securitization structures and documentation.
• Work with rating agencies as part of shadow rating process.
• Research and development of new sectors.
Specific skills, competencies, resources and/or software/technology used on the job
• Ability to quickly understand the essential drivers to a transaction combined with the experience necessary to create an effective customized structure.
• Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to sourcing and structuring ABS risks and structures.
• Ability to interact with client companies, senior management and other departmental members.
• Experience in credit analysis and evaluation of collateral mentioned above.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a small, cohesive team.
The above responsibilities, knowledge and skills are intended as a general summary of those required for the position and are not all inclusive.
Education, certifications and/or experience requirements
• Minimum five to ten years of experience in the financial industry, with experience at an investment bank or asset manager/end investor or similar helpful.
• Minimum five years directly in structured finance.
• Must have significant experience in structuring and executing structured finance transactions.
Return to list