HR Ops & Systems Associate or AVP
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017
Location: New York
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director HR Ops & Systems
Direct report(s): No
General purpose of position
Working with the Director of HR Operations & Systems (directly) and the MD of HR (indirectly). Responsible for processing employee transactions in the PeopleSoft HR system, respond to employee inquiries, participate in system enhancement projects, generate ad hoc reports and interface files, and engage in activities that are typical of a business analyst.
This individual will take a lead role in new employee orientation, summer intern program, training and a variety of other HR activities.
This position will work heavily with the PeopleSoft HR system and will act as backup to the Director of HR Ops & Systems.
• Process employee new hires, terminations, transfers, etc. in PeopleSoft
• New employee on-boarding and orientation, which includes training on HR Online and the Employee Portal
• Respond to requests for HR data and/or services; ad hoc reporting using PeopleSoft
• Employee record keeping (data entry) and reporting; benefits and payroll interface transmission
• Upload and download data files to/from PeopleSoft and a variety of Benefits and payroll vendors
• Participate in PeopleSoft system enhancement projects, which includes testing, training, documenting, etc.
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, timekeeping, compensation, etc.
• Troubleshooting, investigating, research, process improvements
• Assist in annual processes; open enrollment, performance evaluations, promotions, and year-end compensation planning
• Compliance reporting, e.g. EEOC annual report
• Lead role in organizing Assured Guaranty’s participation in the annual JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge
• Lead role in the summer intern program, including recruiting and identifying candidates, on-boarding, lunch & learns, and off-boarding
Specific skills, competencies, resources and/or software/technology used on the job
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience using PeopleSoft HR (current version 9.2) or similar
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Flexibility and a willingness to assume tasks outside core responsibilities
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees; strong verbal and writing skills
• Strong organization skills, with attention to detail
Education, certifications and/or experience requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5-7 years in an HRIS role
Return to list